- The purpose of the Maytown Historical Society is to develop and maintain a continuing, written history of Maytown and East Donegal Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- To seek, acquire/loan and preserve all documents, artifacts and other mementos which exemplify lifestyles and or events of historical significance.
- To research, classify and document pertinent information on buildings and to promote the preservation, restoration and registry of such buildings.
- To determine the role of Maytown and East Donegal Township in world, national, regional and adjoining area history.
- To present programs and events which will be informational, educational and interesting to the members and general public.
- To advocate for government policies, ordinances and laws that preserve our historic buildings, farmland and community character.